Cajeput Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Melaleuca cajeputi
Plant Part: Leaves and Twigs
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colorless to pale yellow clear liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Cajeput Essential Oil has a fresh, camphorous aroma resembling the combined fragrances of camphor, rosemary, and cardamom, with a slight fruity note; a middle note with a medium strength aroma.
Blends With: Cedarwood, Clove Bud, Labdanum, Origanum, Rosemary and Thyme.
Product Abstract: Cajeput is a small tree with a soft, thick, spongy, ash-colored bark and scattered branches, with the slender twigs often drooping likethe weeping willow (Salix babylonica). The leaves are from 3 to 5 inches long, and very aromatic when bruised. Cajeput being the Indonesian for 'white wood', it is part of the Melaleuca family and is used much in the same way as its cousin, Tea Tree.
- Cosmetic Grade: Indonesia
- Steam-Distilled: Indonesia
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are also Certified Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT)
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.